Measure n Math


Its common to ask,'how old are you' when you meet ppl,whoever they are..it seems like u just wanna ask their age as its part of knowing a person.But,why do we count the years that we have lived since we were born?Also,why do we need to know date?Why do we need a calendar?Why do we use clock on wall or watch on our wrists so that we know exact time of the day and night?And all of these is the matter of calculation.We measure everything.We measure our life span,day and night,thus we can measure weeks,months and years..then,we measure garments,buildings,vehicles or even when we bake!Now,thats really interesting.It makes sense why mathematic is a must subject to learn at schools.It is very practical.Another interesting point is that a measurement is the first big step to a proportion.Whats the difference?How to picture this exactly?I wonder as well.But,one thing I can think of is when u cut an apple,and u measure the diameter and height of the apple,then u cut this evenly into 4 pieces.Then u will give the 'same' proportion to a number of subjects.But,that was not practical enough.Another example that I could think of is in biological aspect of a human body.But,this is about 'different' proportion.E.g,The total body water in a body can be divided into 2/3rd,that goes into a cell(which is a basic unit of an organ) and 1/3rd that goes outside cells.This is a very specific proportion of water division in a human body,when you practically can measure just from knowing the body weight of a person.But,there must be better examples than what I can think of now.Wow,math is so amazing.I used to love math.And it would be very useful if I can 'use' math in everyday life.I wanna know how many miles I ride everyday.I wanna measure how many water I use per day.I wanna know how long is my bone.And i definitely want to and have to count money that i use,so i can save better!

No comments: